Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday Soliloquy

Here's the emotional climax to the first issue of Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo's excellent (sorry, plok!) run on Fantastic Four. The idea behind Reed's speech came from editor Tom Brevoort, and Waid and 'Ringo dramatized it very well.

(You'll have to click to enlarge the pages, I'm afraid -- this was in the Marvel Age Of Lower-Case Lettering!)




Now, if you'll excuse me, my allergies are acting up -- why else would I be sniffling so...?

[From "Inside Out," Fantastic Four vol. 2 #60 (vol. 1 #489), October 2002. Written by Mark Waid, pencilled by Mike Wieringo, inked by Karl Kesel.]

1 comment:

Rich said...

That's what made Waid's FF so good for me: Reed's characterisation, even in his takeover of Latveria, was all about keeping his family safe and together.

Take that, Skrull-Reed theorizers!