Thursday, December 07, 2006

Jeez! Suckered Again?

Just when I think I'm done with Geoff Johns' Justice Society, I read his Newsarama interview about the new group being more of a "society" than a group of butt-kickers like the Justice League, and it kind of dovetails with what I'd been thinking the JSA should be, so I pick up the new Justice Society of America #1, and it looks like I might be in this for six issues or so.

See, the problem is not that I have a great affinity for Johns' take on the JSA. I'm not that curious about the new members or the big plot twist at the end. However, I have this first issue, and if DC's publishing schedule holds up, I'll get issues 5-6 as part of the JLA crossover. Therefore, why not get issues 2-4 to see how the first arc goes?

Clever, DC. We'll see if I can resist #2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get my hands on JSA 1. With any luck the original Superman will return as touted and get rid of that whiny little modern day Supes once and for all. Hey, I can dream, can't I?