Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Can't blog; watching TV

Sorry about the lack of content. I was out of town all weekend (got in at midnight Monday morning thanks in part to my old nemesis, the Atlanta airport), and between getting caught up on Monday and having a killer headache yesterday, haven't had a chance to post here.

In comics-related news, though, I did finish the bulk of Douglas Wolk's Reading Comics (I haven't read much of the review-and-commentary section yet). I also read all of The Complete Peanuts 1965-66 Friday on the plane. Both were really excellent, as you might expect.

I also finished watching "The Venture Bros." Season 2, and of course caught the premieres of "Chuck" and "Heroes." It's probably unfair to compare the three, but "Venture Bros." was great, "Heroes" was good, and "Chuck" left me a little cold. With "Chuck," and to a certain extent with "Heroes," the style is there, but the underlying structure is pretty standard. I felt like I knew everything that was going to happen in "Chuck" even before I watched the pilot, and in fact I skipped a couple of minutes towards the end (after the day is saved) and didn't feel like I missed much. Future episodes look like they could fall into a predictable pattern, too. I'll give it a couple more weeks, but it's not begging to be put on my must-watch list yet.

Almost forgot to mention "Reaper," the first few minutes of which almost charmed me even through last night's killer headache. It's on tape (yes, tape; don't judge me) and I'm looking forward to the rest.

Anyway, "Heroes" was fun, although it was quite the info-dump. Good to see David "Sark" Anders again too.

As far as posts go, look for a Thursday Night Thinking here tomorrow, as well as thoughts on the end of "Smallville" at Blog@Newsarama; and then my Friday Night Fights entry. I also want to remember Star Trek: The Next Generation's 20th anniversary. I'm still trying to figure out a posting routine, and the lack of travel in the foreseeable future should make that easier. Thanks for your patience.

No comments: