Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Branching out

Because all the cool kids were doing it, I signed up for my own ComicSpace page. Now I am filled with a sense of validation and acceptance, and not quite sure what to do about it.

Also, like many of you who have also chosen the comics-blogging path, for some reason Yahoo! hates me and will not let me update through Gene, Gene, The Blog-Updatin' Machine. Therefore, I have been busy signing up for RSS feeds through Bloglines.

Finally, assuming that Amazon isn't jerking my chain, you can now buy Inside The World Of Comic Books (Jeffrey Klaehn, editor), which has a lot of fine interviews and essays, and also a little thing I wrote last summer on the Detective Comics work (including Dark Detective) of Steve Englehart, Marshall Rogers, and Terry Austin. To steal a phrase from Tony Kornheiser, "I haven't read it, but I hear it's very good."

2 comments:

Richard said...

"Now I am filled with a sense of validation and acceptance, and not quite sure what to do about it."

Funnily enough, that was precisely my reaction when you invited me to join your friends list. Had I done something that made me cool without my knowing it? Then I decided you must have confused me with someone else, and my worldview was back to normal. Though you'll notice that didn't stop me accepting the invitation...

Tom Bondurant said...

Don't worry, the invite was genuine. How can someone with a Ron Stoppable avatar not be cool?

Still, now that we've set up these pages, what do we do with them? How do we network? Do we haunt the new-member list, waiting for Plok, Jim Roeg, et al. (HINT HINT) to join so we can add them?

I'm that lemming towards the back of the pack, asking his neighbor when the fun's supposed to start....