Friday, June 10, 2005

Our Super-Adventure Across Three States!

Sorry for not explaining this sooner, but the lack of updates has been due to our finally having moved into the new house. (Notice the change of location in the little "Profile" box.)

The Best Wife Ever drove to Lexington last weekend and we spent Saturday and Sunday getting ready for the movers. They arrived Monday morning and before I knew it, virtually all of our material possessions were boxed up or otherwise ready to go. That included the computer; hence, the lack of updates 'til now.

A slightly different crew showed up Tuesday morning to load the truck. Tired, hot, and sweaty by evening, we went to see The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (we both approved, although my wife thought it moved a little slow), slept at Stately Bondurant Manor (my parents' house), and were on the road Wednesday morning by 9:45.

It all went pretty well until I got a flat during a rainstorm somewhere on I-81. That put us about four hours behind schedule, but we did get a deal on four new tires. We got to the hotel in Williamsburg around midnight and got to sleep around 12:30, ready to get up bright and early Thursday morning to meet the movers at 8:00 a.m. They were through unloading at 12:30 p.m., so since then it's been a constant parade of cleaning, unpacking, and re-assembling. I still can't find half our telephones or my wife's cordless mouse.

Of course, I did manage to find a comics shop not too far away, so you'll be hearing about that before too long.

[edited to add] Why the title? Well, the first books I unpacked to read before going to sleep last night were Superman in the Fifties and Superman in the Sixties. They filled me with Weisingerian goodness.

No comments: